WELCOME TO THE EMBASSY OF GHANA
Welcome Remarks by His Excellency H. E. Mr. Eric Odoi-Anim
The Embassy of the Republic of Ghana in Harare exists for the coordination, promotion and protection of the national interests of Ghana in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Comoros.
- In fulfilment of our Diaspora Engagement mandate, this site will not only offer relevant information on happenings in Ghana and Mission’s activities, but also serve as a platform for the Ghanaian Communities in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Comoros to engage and contribute to developments back home in Ghana.
- Ghana is a country endowed with unlimited opportunities in human and natural resources, trade and investment and tourism. Recognised as a model of democracy, characterized by political stability, the rule of law, good neighbourliness and respect for fundamental human rights, the nation continues to enjoy peace and political harmony which are essential for socio-economic progress and cultural advancement.
- With the available natural and human resources, good governance, liberalised economy and continuous expansion and modernization of existing infrastructure, Ghana is rapidly becoming an attractive and preferred investment and business destination in West Africa, facilitating easy access to sub-regional markets from some 250 million people. The discovery of crude oil and natural gas in commercial quantities continues to give rise to promising opportunities and an opening for local and international investors.
- Ghana’s cultural diversity, friendly people and the proverbial hospitality, coupled with geographic accessibility uniquely positions Ghana as the preferred destination for many tourists.
- The Embassy remains committed to serving the needs of its numerous partners as well as Ghanaian citizens resident in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Comoros. It is our sincere hope that our visitors will find this website resourceful and we welcome any constructive suggestions that would help improve our services.
God Bless Our Homeland Ghana