1. Visas may be granted for single or multiple entries.
2. Single entry visas must be utilised within three months from the date of issue. Multiple entry visas valid for up to one year may be granted for specific purposes at the discretion of the Embassy.
3. Visitors travelling on business are required to furnish evidence of same, while those travelling at the invitation of Ghanaian nationals/residents or Ghanaian institutions should provide a letter of invitation from their hosts.
4. Visas may be granted to visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit purposes.
5. Visitors must have proof of a return or a through ticket.
6. Persons who enter the country as visitors are not permitted to take up employment even if there happens to be a vacancy on the Immigrant Quota of a prospective employer.
7. All visitors travelling to Ghana must be in possession of a valid Vaccination/Yellow Card.
8. Travellers are strongly advised to ensure that they have all the necessary documents before arriving in Ghana.
a) Download the Visa Application Form.
b) Complete the form (4 copies) and in capital (block) letters.
c) Submit together with four (4) recent passport-sized photos and the appropriate VISA fee at least fifteen (15) working days before intended date of travel.
d) Business/residential addresses and contact telephone numbers to be provided.
e) Occupation of applicant to be specified.
f) Financial means to be indicated.
g) Proposed date of travel to be stated.
h) Names and addresses of references in Ghana to be provided.
i) Letter of consent needed from parent/legal guardian for persons under 18 years.
j) Copy of Biodata page of applicant’s passport
The under-mentioned categories of persons are prohibited immigrants:
A person of unsound mind.
A person considered to be a security risk.
A person against whom there is a deportation order in force.
Holders of Ghanaian passports do not require visas to Zimbabwe and vice versa within three (3) months. Further than that requires regularisation of stay.
COUNTRIES WITH MUTUAL VISA EXEMPTION AGREEMENT WITH THE REPUBLIC OF GHANA
|2||Brazil||Diplomatic and Service|
|3||People’s Republic of China||Diplomatic and Service|
|4||Republic of Cuba||Diplomatic and Service|
|5||Federal Republic of Germany||Diplomatic and Service|
|8||Republic of Seychelles||All Passport|
|9||Republic of South Africa||Diplomatic and Service|
|10||Republic of Sudan||Diplomatic and Service|
|11||Republic of Turkey||Diplomatic|
|16||Trinidad and Tobago||All Passports|
Consular fees once paid are not refundable
ACCOUNT NAME: EMBASSY OF GHANA
BANK NAME: STANBIC
A/C NO: 9140001087699
CURRENCY UNITED STATES DOLLARS (USD)
ACCOUNT TYPE: SPECIAL COLLECTIONS ACCOUNT (US$)
SWIFT CODE: SBICZWHX