REQUIREMENTS FOR DUAL CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION
The Citizenship Act (Act 591 of 2000) state amongs others that, “A citizen of Ghana who acquires the citizenship of another country in addition to his Ghanaian citizenship shall notify in writing the acquisition of the additional citizenship to the Minister (Interior) in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed.”
The application for registration as a dual citizen is made on Form 13 (Application for Registration as a Dual Citizen).
The following items are to accompany the application form:
- Evidence of Ghanaian Nationality (i.e. Birth Certificate/Passport).
- Evidence of Parents’ Nationality (Passport, Voters ID Card, Birth Certificate).
- For persons who have renounced their Ghanaian citizenship provide evidence of parents’ nationality.
- Six (6) passport-sized photographs.
Steps to Fill the DUAL CITIZENSHIP form
1. Download the DUAL CITIZENSHIP form below
2. Open the form with Adobe/Acrobat reader 1.5, DC or Higher
3. Fill the form
4. Save the form, after that
5. Email/send to email@example.com