INFORMATION, PUBLIC AFFAIRS & DIASPORA SECTION (IPAD)
Welcome to the Information, Public Affairs and Diaspora Section of the Ghana High Commission in Harare, Zimbabwe. The purview of the Section covers host country as well as countries of concurrent accreditation. The Section deals with the under listed:
- The management and dissemination of relevant information to Ghanaians, South Africans and the general public;
- Provision of educational and informational materials on Ghana
- Serve as the public relations outfit for the Mission
- Handle cultural exhibitions and festivals that the Mission organizes or is invited to participate in
- Build a data base of Ghanaians living in Mission’s countries of accreditation to facilitate outreach and support programmes, and the mainstreaming of such Ghanaians into the national development agenda.
- Work with Ghanaian diaspora through Ghanaian Associations in Zimbabwe to project and promote the image of Ghana, as well as push through the development agenda of Ghana
- Facilitate the organization of Ghanaian Associations with the aim of promoting unity amongst Ghanaian diaspora, and assist our compatriots, where possible, to attain a more purposeful stay in host country and countries of accreditation
- Mobilize applicable contributions of Ghanaian diaspora for national development.
The establishment of Diaspora Desks in all Ghana Missions abroad is a national policy initiative to constructively engage the Ghanaian Diaspora in national development.
In this connection, all Ghanaians in Zimbabwe and countries of accreditation of the Mission are encouraged to join and register with Ghanaian Associations and Ghanaian Community Groups within the area/city or province that they may find themselves. Please do not hesitate to contact the Section to enquire about which Ghanaian Associations exist in your area, or to ascertain this information on our website.
In instances where an Association is not available in the area, we look forward to working with the Diaspora to establish one. In the interim, such Ghanaians are kindly advised to register with the Mission, either personally if convenient to do so, or online via the Mission’s website.
We look forward to regular interaction with Ghanaians and the general public to facilitate provision of quality service and assistance, and also fulfill the mandate of the Section.
“I am not African because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me”
– late Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, First President of Republic of Ghana